Kraków - recommended places to visit
Data dodania: 14.02.2019 16:27
I am listing the places to visit in Krakow. General part of the attractions doesn’t need the car for rent. You will be able to walk or take a bus/tram. Car might be necessary only for Wieliczka trip.
Here is the list of places located in the city centre (short distance from main/old town square):
- Royal Castle “Wawel” – museum and gallery, beautiful courtyard and the statue of the dragon,
- “Sukiennice” – it’s a trade hall in the old town square (literally it means a cloth hall),
- Town Hall tower
- Kazimierz district (former Jewish town), with a round-shaped market in the heart of it. In that area you will find everything you need for eating and nightlife. Kazimierz district is full of old-style restaurants. I liked “Alchemia” pub the most.
- the museum located underground of the old town square (“Podziemia Rynku”) https://www.mhk.pl/branches/rynek-underground ,
- St. Mary’s cathedral,
- “Piwninca Pod Baranami” – my favourite pub with a specific climate; it was a place for looking for the inspirations by the Polish artists, located in the house’s cellar,
- “Dolnych Młynów 10” street - restaurants area,
- Camelot Café and the street which brings you there,
- “Barbakan” and Florianska Gate – part of medieval fortification, an old town gate + the Florianska street which brings you there,
- Museum of the City Engineering, if you are interested in the public transport -> https://www.mim.krakow.pl/opening-hours-and-ticket-prices
- boat trip on the Vistula (Wisła) river.
Following items are reachable by the public transport:
- Kosciuszko mound (hill with a view point),
- Oskar Schindler Factory – if you like the history of the WWII, you can get there by a tram,
- Polish Aviation Museum, if you enjoy the aeroplanes
- Wieliczka Salt mine (around 20 km away from Krakow).
[ Dodaj komentarz